We are so excited to be able to grow our own food, and as of 2015 we have been working on an Aquaponic System which will function inside our GreenHouse.
We have built this system with Andy Rodgers, who has been growing vegetables, herbs and fruits in his own Aquaponic System in his home.
For our system, we used materials we had around the Farm, bought some second hand pieces and had to order a few things online. Not very expensive to set up, but tricky to set up yourself. This is where Andy's knowledge comes in handy, and is why it is worth taking his class! Plus, he does consultations and can build a system for you!
2017 Aquaponics 101 Dates are set for :
September 30th at 11 am Saturday -
October 7th, at 11 am Saturday -
October 14th, at 11 am Saturday -
November 4th, at 11am Saturday-
If you are interested in one of these class dates or would like more information about the classes, send me an email to firstname.lastname@example.org ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Here is the flier for the Class
- What is Aquaponics?
- “EARTH FRIENDLY FARM”
- Presents a new class about an organic, self-sufficient, and water- saving method of growing food, Aquaponics! Whether you are new to gardening or an experienced horticulturalist, let us teach you about these self contained ecosystems and how they could be the future of agriculture. Come visit the farm, see our system, and learn how to build your own!
- Classes are Saturdays at 11:00 am
- Class time is about 2 hours.
- Cost - $30 for the class which includes information packet and lunch at the farm
- *Note: Class size is limited to 10 people per session